Re: [Groff] .PSPIC seems to be broken

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] .PSPIC seems to be broken
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 09:23:54 +0100 (CET)

>> PS: How did I get the EPS-file?  With lilypond.
>
> The file lilypond creates doesn't have a %%BoundingBox comment,
> so PSPIC doesn't know how the "picture" should be scaled.
> (This can be fixed with a little shell script calling
> "gs -sDEVICE=bbox" to get the bounding box and sed to
> insert the comment.)

Try

  lilypond --ps -dbackend=eps ...

to create one EPS file per page.

> Much worse, the fonts lilypond embeds are in a binary format.  This
> confuses grops.

No longer :-) I've just fixed a bug (present since ever) which
corrects this.

> Why can't lilypond just embed PFA fonts, the way grops does?

All fonts except CFF (to be more specific: OpenType fonts which use
CFF outlines) are embedded in hex form.  And CFF fonts, AFAIK, can't
be embedded in hex form at all in PostScript files.  Today is 2013,
not 1993.