[Groff] Foxley roff music notes of 1987

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: [Groff] Foxley roff music notes of 1987
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:40:40 +0100 (CET)

There is an old roff language for programming music notes.
This is a troff preprocessor that translates into pic.
The author is Eric Foxley at university of Nottingham, UK.

Homepage:
www.chezfred.org.uk/freds/music

User Manual:
http://www.chezfred.org.uk/University/music/doc/music.doc.html
http://www.chezfred.org.uk/freds/music/music.doc.pdf

In 1987 there was a book
Music: A Troff Preprocessor for printing music scores Eric Foxley
that isn't available anymore.

But at Google books there is an ABSTRACT at AUUGN for Aug. 1987,
vol. 8 number 3-4, page 112-128.  You find it at Google by
searching `troff music eric foxley AUUGN'.

I do not understand why this preprocessor was not integrated.
Foxley has created a database of 1200 folk tunes and more, but
I did not find anything about the preprocessor source.

Maybe someone should contact him.  I think best would be
someone from a British university.

Bernd Warken