Re: [Groff] broken documentation for ideal

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: [Groff] broken documentation for ideal
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 21:45:35 -0500

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 00:23:15 +0000
Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Is there an implementation of ideal to go with the manual?
>
> I heard second-hand that Christopher Van Wyk states Alcatel-Lucent own
> the copyright

Confirmed.  He told me so himself.

Ideal would not be trivial to reimplement, either, not least because
it's not imperative but *declarative*.  One doesn't direct the drawing
so much as supply equations to be solved simultaneously.  As far as I
know, that's unique in the world of drawing programs.  Maybe that's why
it still has commercial value in the day of Vizio.

        ?The past isn't dead. It isn't even past.? ? William Faulkner

--jkl