Re: [Groff] hdtbl for tables of many pages in man

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] hdtbl for tables of many pages in man
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:56:12 +0100 (CET)

> Von: "walter harms" <address@hidden>
>
> Am 01.02.2013 01:39, schrieb Bernd Warken:
> > I have a man-page with a table that is 3 pages long.  It works when
> > I split it in 3 parts and call .TS/.TE for each.
> >
> > I would prefer to use hdtbl.  You mention in groff_hdtbl(7) a
> > macro that can go over several pages, but that works only in ms.
> >
> > Is there something for several pages tables in man?  If possible
> > the header should also be written at each new page.
> >
> > Bernd Warken
> >

> > I use the .TS H as mentioned in the man-page for tbl.

Neither `.TS' nor `.TS H' nor `.TH' do not work for me in `man'. I get:

  error: page 20: table will not fit on one page; use .TS H/.TH with a
supporting macro package

Moreover `.TH' exists also in `man' as starting command..

> An other question is clearly are 3 pages long lists useful ?

This is a historical paper about `RUNOFF', the 3-page-tbl is part thereof.  I
want to have
it worked for groff.

Bernd Warken