Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] GPL or FDL
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 19:25:24 +0100 (CET)

> Von: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
>
> > So which license should we prefer for documentation files:
> > - make all documentation files into GPL
> > - make all documentation files into FDL
> > - keep the licenses of all files as they are
>
> Since I currently don't want to invest much time into groff, I vote
> for no change, of course.

Don't panic. I will do that. But we should be clear wether we use
FDL or not. First it is possible to change the man-pages that belong
to the FSF. All of them should have the same license.

Other strange licenses will come later on.

> > In any case, the file LICENSES has to be updated accordingly.
>
> Patches are welcomed :-)

First we should be clear about what has to be changed. When we use
FDL, that should be documented in the LICENSES file.

Bernd Warken