Re: [Groff] troff command line args converted to lower case

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] troff command line args converted to lower case
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:25:50 +0000

Hello Ted,

groff 1.18.1 is rather old is it not...

But it does show that the change to lower came in groff 1.19, the
first appearance of papersize.tmac.  Werner kindly pointed me
in that direction.

The change broke some of my scripts.  If anyone makes use of
the string variable 'paper' from papersize.tmac, restoring the case
would break theirs.  On the other hand none of the files in tmac uses
it.

Can I suggest a change to papersize.tmac to leave \*[paper] as the user
defined it?  Easily achieved: remove .ds paper \*[lowercase], replace
subsequent uses of \*[paper] by \*[lowercase], and move .rm lowercase
to the end.

Denis