Re: [Groff] Mom and tbl

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Mom and tbl
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 22:55:34 -0500

Betrand --

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use mom (until now I was using ms) and I encountered
> some problems with tbl. The only we way I found to make tbl work was
> to use it with the .FLOAT macro, which is sometimes annoying if I
> want to put my table at a precise location. If I don't put my table
> in a float the table and the rest of the document won't be
> displayed.
>
> Should I always use FLOAT with tbl ? Are there any alternative to
> make tables with mom ?

This is a bug, caused by an unbalanced brace.  Took me a while to
spot it.  Open 'om.tmac' and replace

  .MAC TS END
  .    if '\\n[.z]'FLOAT*DIV' \{\
  .    if '\\$1'BOXED' \{\
  .       if !\\n[.d] .nr boxed-table 1
  .    \}
  .END

with

  .MAC TS END
  .    if '\\n[.z]'FLOAT*DIV' \{\
  .       if '\\$1'BOXED' \{\
  .          if !\\n[.d] .nr boxed-table 1
  .       \}
  .    \}
  .END

TS/TE should behave now.

I'll fix this in the repo when I commit the next set of changes
to mom.

Cheers.

--
Peter Schaffter