Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:02:09 +1100

On 11/12/12 18:44:01, address@hidden wrote:
After all this discussion, it occurs to me that possibly Jérôme's institution (a) want it in Word doc format; (b) when they get it in that format can look into the document settings and verify that their canonical template is present. Never mind what comes out on the paper.

With (b), there is no way that a PS file can pretend to meet the criteria! However, maybe I'm getting cynical ...

I don't think the institution has any intention of checking -- if it looks right it is right.

I think that you will find greater resistance in trying to convince your academic that a meticulously crafted template used by the most powerful desktop publishing machine in the known universe can be equalled (let alone bested) by Notepad using reveal codes. :-)

Robert
Where a computer like the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers in the future may have only 1,000 vacuum tubes and weigh only 1 1/2 tons.
                -- Popular Mechanics, March 1949