Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 00:11:21 +0000

Hi jkl,

> I would think with a little work you could use ImageMagick to extract
> the margin regions from each page, and check each one for the presence
> of pixels.

One could over-print all the pages onto one page.

    man -t bash | pstops 100:0$(printf '+%d' {1..99}) >one.ps

to get a feel of where things can appear.

For me, that shows a `c' appearing above the main block of text due to
the entry after `menu-complete' in `Completing' thanks to a mark-up
error.

    $ zcat /usr/share/man/man1/bash.1.gz |
    > g -w 'menu.*complete.*backward'
    .B menu\-complete-\backward