Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file

From: Jérôme Frgacic
Subject: Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 16:48:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 12:35:10 +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote :
> Ghostscript can report the bounding-box for the ink laid on each page.

Thanks for this trick, it works well for getting left and right margin. :)
Nevertheless, I realized that there is an annoying problem for the top and
bottom margin.  In fact, in MS Word, these margins do not apply to the
header and the footer but only to the text (which, IMHO, is quite strange).
So, I cannot get the top and bottom margin size from a PDF produce by MS
Word...

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 12:31:27 -0000, Ted Harding wrote :
> And to Ralph's question I would add: Tell us exactly *what* you
> want to know!

So, as you say, I want to know how far from the left-hand edge of the paper,
and from the right-hand edge, the printing would normally extend and, for the
top and the bottom, the same information but without taking into account the
footer and the header (which, I think, is not possible).