Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Get margin of a Postscript file
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 12:31:27 -0000 (GMT)

On 09-Dec-2012 11:49:29 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Jérôme,
>
>> Is there a solution to get the margins of a Postscript document,
>> like the page offset value on Groff ?
>
> Tell us why you want to know and it may help those with suggestions.
>:-)
>
> Cheers, Ralph.

And to Ralph's question I would add: Tell us exactly *what* you
want to know!

For example: You may have a PostScript file, and want to know (from
information within the file) how far from the left-hand edge of the
paper, and from the right-hand edge, the printing would normally extend.

The reason for asking you these questions is that there are various
possible sorts of relevant information, which may or may not be
present in a given PostScript file (depending on what software made
it, and on options which the user may have chosen).

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Date: 09-Dec-2012  Time: 12:31:24