Re: [Groff] Backgound image slightly higher on page one

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] Backgound image slightly higher on page one
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 22:43:43 +0100

> > Did you change the font size (or rather, the vertical spacing)
> > somewhere on the first page?

> Yes, I modify the vertical spacing through the register VS
> before writing anything.
> And it seems that the matter come effectively from this, but I
> don't understand why...  Logically, the vertical spacing is
> applied for all the pages, so why does it cause some problem ?

Hmmm, it seems the vertical spacing is only set from register VS
in a high-level macro like PP or so, and therefore your setting
will not yet have had an effect if the first thing you call on
the first page is PSPIC.

In my example the images have the same alignment because the
"begin page" macro BP temporarily sets the vertical spacing
to zero before outputting the picture.