[Groff] Desable and enable page numbers with ms

From: trebol
Subject: [Groff] Desable and enable page numbers with ms
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:30:02 +0100

> Perhaps  your  are  approaching the problem from the wrong
> angle. The location of page numbers is usually  controlled
> by the header or footer macro. For example, if the pagina-
> tion is printed as part of  the  header  then  the  header
> macro  will  determine  where  it is printed -- eg, offset
> against the outer margin.  [...]

Hi Robert, you are right,  and  in  fact  I've  resolved  my
simple  problem  setting  a  empty header, adding a vertical
space with the help of \& and restore  the  header.   I  was
only  asking  because  I'm new using troff, and I think that
maybe there could be a internal string  or  register  in  ms
that  could  make  the  trick.   When  I need a more complex
layout, like the example you  were  talking  about,  I  will
follow  all  your  advices. Thanks, and thanks to Tadziu for
his (or her?, sorry I don't know this name) PT example.

Regards,
trebol.