Re: [Groff] utf8 to groff_char filter

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] utf8 to groff_char filter
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:14:00 +0200 (CEST)

> Much appreciated, Ralph.  What I'm hoping to find, for some value of
> $FOO, is
>
>       $ printf '\xe2\x80\x93' | $FOO -f utf-8
>       \[en]

The groff glyph list (GGL) is fixed; all entity names can be found in
the source code files

  src/libs/libgroff/glyphuni.cpp
  src/libs/libgroff/uniglyph.cpp

which map from Unicode values to the GGL and vice versa.  For example,
the latter file contains this line (as part of a large array):

  { "2013", "en" },

I think it shouldn't be too difficult to write a small script which
extracts this mapping so that it can be reused in your converter.