Re: [Groff] New release of -markup

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] New release of -markup
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:59:17 +0100

Hello James,

Thanks for trying it.

Yes, 'supersede' -- I must have had cedere in mind.

I don't really know about writing portable makefiles.
I don't have any 'if' statements in mine -- are you referring
to the 'include' statements?  The other places for problems are
special variables like $< etc, builtin variables like $(MAKE),
and which shell is invoked.  I don't use makefiles myself, I
use a makefile generator using M4 of my own devising, and this
expands everything except include (needed to include generated
dependency rules). BSD used to use 'makedepend' which altered
the makefile itself, and some people including myself regard this
as a criminal act.

Any suggestions?

regards, Denis