Re: [Groff] Formatting mail with Groff

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Formatting mail with Groff
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:58:47 +0400

trebol:

> I've seen that hyphenation in mail is a bad idea.

Then justified text is the same in that it makes re-
formatting difficult.

> No other way to  prevent  multiple  pages  to  .pl
> 1000?

Another  way  would  be  to  set up transparent page
breaking, i.e. zero vertical margins, no  keeps,  no
headers/footers,  but  I  am not sure that all macro
packages allow it.

> There is a request like .mc for left margin  char-
> acter (`>')?

I  never  tried it and am using my own quoting macro
that collects the quoted text into a diversion, out-
puts  the  latter  with an indent and uses .while to
type the '>' characters before  each  line.   Nested
quotations are allowed.