[Groff] Macro packages

From: trebol
Subject: [Groff] Macro packages
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:47:35 +0100

Thanks, Luis, Brian. This is the sort of testimony I’m look‐
ing for.

>I believe mom is a good choice for starting out with  groff
>since  both the documentation and the macros themselves are
>newbie friendly.

Thanks Peter.  I think mom may be in the future the LaTeX of
groff  (without  waste  1G of HD), but for now I prefer play
with the gear, nuts and bolts and keep me near  the  groff’s
bases to learn the system and who knows, maybe in the future
I will be able to give you a hand.  So maybe I’ll try ms,  I
find it more simple (the groff_ms man page show me in a cou‐
ple of lines all the basic things I want to do in  a  simple
way),  and like Ralph suggests, extend it with my own macros
to fill my needs.  I find groff awesome and I can’t  believe
it  fits in 10M. I feel all the system’s potential, so while
I’m learning I would like to know the experiences  of  users
writing   science   texts,   novels,  poetry and other works
using this packages, and the  main  problems  they   encoun‐
tered.    This  could help me to resolve my personal "TeX vs
Groff" advantages and disadvantages dilemma (And other  peo‐
ple reading the  mailing list too).

Sorry for my English, and thanks to all.