Re: [Groff] which refer(1) field to use for edition

From: Anton Shterenlikht
Subject: Re: [Groff] which refer(1) field to use for edition
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:08:26 +0100 (BST)

        From address@hidden Fri Sep 14 01:02:45 2012

        Anton --

        On Thu, Sep 13, 2012, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
        > I need to add book edition to a refer database entry.
        > There seems to be no dedicated edition field. Which
        > field should I use?

        If you're using mom, the edition field is %e.  Per MLA style, the
        word "edition" is abbreviated and appended to the field, so

          %e Second

        not

          %e Second edition

        or

          %e Second ed

yes, sure, I read you manual (well, bits of it).
And, by the way, your documentation is very good.

What if I'm not using mom. What is the best
way to have edition with refer and, say, ms
macros?

Thanks

Anton