Re: [Groff] Table cell vertical align

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Table cell vertical align
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:08:08 +0100

Hi Salve,

> I try to learn groff.  I want to have 'Text' printed at the bottom of
> its cell.  But can't find out how.
>
> .TS
> tab(;) allbox;
> l r.
> T{
> Shakespeare was born and brought up in Stratford-upon-Avon.
> At the age of 18, he married Anne Hathaway,
> with whom he had three children
> T};Text
> .TE

I think I learnt this from the list when I asked a few months ago.  See
lines marked `->' and tbl(1).

    $ cat foo.tr
    .TS
    tab(;) allbox;
 -> l rd.
    T{
    Shakespeare was born and brought up in Stratford-upon-Avon.
    At the age of 18, he married Anne Hathaway,
    with whom he had three children
    T};Text
 -> \^;\^
    .TE
    $ groff -Tascii -t foo.tr 2>/dev/null | grep .
    +-----------------------+------+
    |Shakespeare  was  born |      |
    |and  brought   up   in |      |
    |Stratford-upon-Avon.   |      |