Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 00:45:13 +0100

On Sunday 09 Sep 2012 16:28:04 address@hidden wrote:
> Can you explain in your own words what is happening with
> .trin '\C'aq' please.
>
> I have a text procesing sequence that does not afford the time
> at the moment to re-engineer how I build pdfs, gs / pdfroff.
>
> Relying on groff to rip postcript and using ps2pdf to complete
> the pdf, the above trin function does not provide successful
> translation of special char flow through to pdf.
>
> Any other ways to get this to work without -Tpdf ?
>
> Thanks.

The .trin command is converting the apostrophy character to the groff chracter
’aq’ (apostrophe quote) which I assumed was correct for the word "l’avant-
midi".

Have you tried processing the pdf produced from -T pdf through gs, ghostscript
can accept pdf as input as well as postscript. This may allow you to use your
normal commands to control the pdf production.

Cheers

Deri