Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] passing groff special chars to pdfmark as bookmarks
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 00:45:08 +0100

On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 17:21:09 address@hidden wrote:
> Deri,
>
> That works right to PDF.  Nice.
>
> For those that have used gs to assemble pdfs, setting various
> pdf properties like permissions and pdf display variables, I wonder
> how that is to be batched now that groff is going directly to pdf.
>
> Are there extensions for these various attributes available at
> groff run-time?

I'm afraid the only meta-data you can control in the pdf is using the .pdfview
and .pdfinfo macros, which is probably not what you want.

You could process the resultant pdf through a further stage, such as
ghostscript or pdftk which would allow you to encrypt and set permissions on
the pdf.

Cheers

Deri