Re: [Groff] does mom understand refer %X field?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] does mom understand refer %X field?
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 14:44:05 -0400

Anton --

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>       From address@hidden Thu Sep  6 18:37:05 2012
>       >
>       > %X DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2010.03.013
>       >
>       > Should I use %O for it if I want to use mom?
>
>       If you want an annotation at the end of a reference, use %n rather
>       than %X (which, you're right, mom doesn't recognize).
>
>       %O inserts its text between the reference's title and the
>       subsequent publication data.
>
> ok, no problem.
> However, %n is not mentioned in refer(1).
> Is it a mom extension?

Yes.

> In other words, will %n work with other
> macro packages, like mm, ms, etc.?

No.  Macro sets define their own field identifiers and generally
respect the conventions in refer(1) (A = author; T = title, etc).
These, however, are restricted to citing from a relatively
small subset of sources, usually print, and need to be extended.

Only by checking the documentation for a particular macro set can
one be certain of the available identifiers.  In mom, the list of
identifiers is in the html documentation, refer.html.

Hope this helps.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus