Re: [Groff] does mom understand refer %X field?

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] does mom understand refer %X field?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:21:34 -0400

Anton --

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> The mom manual doesn't mention %X refer field:
>
> http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/momdoc/refer.html#fields-quick
>
> Does it mean mom will not understand, or ignore %X field?
> I use for DOI information, e.g.
>
> %X DOI: 10.1016/j.actamat.2010.03.013
>
> Should I use %O for it if I want to use mom?

If you want an annotation at the end of a reference, use %n rather
than %X (which, you're right, mom doesn't recognize).

%O inserts its text between the reference's title and the
subsequent publication data.

I'm not sure which of several meanings for DOI applies here, so it's
difficult to determine which field identifier is correct.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus
http://www.schaffter.ca