Re: [Groff] Compiler error

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Compiler error
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 20:36:02 +0100

On Monday 03 Sep 2012 19:02:59 mikkel meinike wrote:
> I have tried to compile latest groff on my debian chroot on my android
> tablet with ARM processor. Here I have this compilation error. I can see a
> response to an email I have found from Ted that it is essential to give the
> path to the fonts during configure but how?
>
> Mikkel
>
> -----------------------------------
> Warning: line 106: Failed to create groff font 'U-S' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 107: Failed to create groff font 'U-TB' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 108: Failed to create groff font 'U-TBI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 109: Failed to create groff font 'U-TI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 110: Failed to create groff font 'U-TR' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 111: Failed to create groff font 'U-ZCMI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 112: Failed to create groff font 'U-ZD' by running afmtodit
> make[2]: *** [DESC] Fejl 1
> make[2]: Forlader katalog '/home/mikkel/build/groff-current/font/devpdf'
> make[1]: *** [font/devpdf] Fejl 2
> make[1]: Forlader katalog '/home/mikkel/build/groff-current'
> make: *** [all] Fejl 2

Hi Mikkel,

I'm on holiday at the moment on an internet link which maxes out at about 5kb
a second, so its difficult to access my home server.

The file you need to alter is font/devpdf/Foundry.in. Line 68 says:-

foundry|U|(gs):/opt/local/share/fonts/urw-fonts # the URW fonts delivered with
ghostscript (may be different)

Please identify where debian has installed the URW fonts and add the path with
a colon after the existing path so it looks something like:-

foundry|U|(gs):/opt/local/share/fonts/urw-fonts:/path/to/fonts # the URW fonts
delivered with ghostscript (may be different)

It would be very useful if you could report back the path which debian uses.

Cheers

Deri