Re: [Groff] Compiler error

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Compiler error
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 20:47:40 +0100

On Monday 03 Sep 2012 19:02:59 mikkel meinike wrote:
> I have tried to compile latest groff on my debian chroot on my android
> tablet with ARM processor. Here I have this compilation error. I can see a
> response to an email I have found from Ted that it is essential to give the
> path to the fonts during configure but how?
>
> Mikkel
>
> -----------------------------------
> Warning: line 106: Failed to create groff font 'U-S' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 107: Failed to create groff font 'U-TB' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 108: Failed to create groff font 'U-TBI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 109: Failed to create groff font 'U-TI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 110: Failed to create groff font 'U-TR' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 111: Failed to create groff font 'U-ZCMI' by running afmtodit
> Warning: line 112: Failed to create groff font 'U-ZD' by running afmtodit
> make[2]: *** [DESC] Fejl 1
> make[2]: Forlader katalog '/home/mikkel/build/groff-current/font/devpdf'
> make[1]: *** [font/devpdf] Fejl 2
> make[1]: Forlader katalog '/home/mikkel/build/groff-current'
> make: *** [all] Fejl 2

Hi Mikkel,

I'm on holiday at the moment on an internet link which maxes out at about 5kb
a second, so its difficult to access my home server.

The file you need to alter is font/devpdf/Foundry.in. Line 68 says:-

foundry|U|(gs):/opt/local/share/fonts/urw-fonts # the URW fonts delivered with
ghostscript (may be different)

Please identify where debian has installed the URW fonts and add the path with
a colon after the existing path so it looks something like:-

foundry|U|(gs):/opt/local/share/fonts/urw-fonts:/path/to/fonts # the URW fonts
delivered with ghostscript (may be different)

It would be very useful if you could report back the path which debian uses.

Cheers

Deri

PS Apologies if this message appears twice.