Re: [Groff] Included files are not preprocessed

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Included files are not preprocessed
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:54:19 +0400

Werner LEMBERG:

> Compare  this to the doc package: Before installa-
> tion to the tmac  directory,  (almost)  all  names
> have  the  prefix  `doc-' which gets stripped, to-
> gether with all leading whitespace.  Using a Make-
> file  for doing `make install', it is really triv-
> ial to preprocess the macro file with preconv  be-
> fore installing it.

Thanks -- I didn't know it.  I'll think about an in-
staller.  Currently I have a  primitive  cross-plat-
form  Pascal  program  that allows to call groff ac-
cording to one of the templates  defined  in  a  re-
source file.  I might teach it to expand environment
variables, and then I'd use the -I option to replace
.mso with .so and use soelim...