Re: [Groff] ps: import of an EPS file with binary data

From: Steve Izma
Subject: Re: [Groff] ps: import of an EPS file with binary data
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 20:02:55 -0400

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 12:30:44AM +0200, Tadziu Hoffmann wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Groff] ps: import of an EPS file with binary data
>
>   convert teapot.ppm teapot.eps2
>   gs -q -dNODISPLAY -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE ppmtops.ps <teapot.ppm >teapot.ps

There must be a problem with the set of images I'm working on,
either with a transparency layer or something to do with
re-sizing in convert, so I need to do more testing.

The above gs commandline works on other images I've tried, but
when I run it on the set at hand, I get a "MAXVAL not 255" error.
I need more time to work on this.

Thanks for the above example, Tadziu. Is there an option to
resize and crop the input image? That's the main reason I'm
trying to use convert, which works with grops if I don't try to
reduce file size with the eps2: flag.

        Thanks,
        -- Steve

--
Steve Izma                                address@hidden
    Computing Systems Administrator       519-884-0710 ext. 6125

    Wilfrid Laurier University Press      http://www.wlupress.wlu.ca
    Waterloo, Ont., Canada N2L 3C5        http://nestor.wlu.ca/blog
Our e-newsletter http://www.wlupress.wlu.ca/press/General/signupform.shtml