Re: [Groff] Another silly question: \n[.ll]

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Another silly question: \n[.ll]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:18:32 -0400

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012, Zoë Blade wrote:
> Or, to broaden the question out to what I'm actually trying to
> accomplish overall, I'm trying to specify the right hand indentation.
> It looks like there's no such thing semantically, so I'm trying to
> find out what the original line length is, and subtract the left
> indentation from it, in order to have the appearance of a right
> indentation that matches the left.

Have a look at the macro file, om.tmac, and do a search
for 'MAC IB END'.  IB does exactly what you want (ie indents
equally from the left and right margins).  Perhaps it'll give you
some ideas.

Alternatively, the macros QUOTE and BLOCKQUOTE both automatically
indent text equally from both margins.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus