Re: [Groff] Beginner Groff issue: number registers inside macros

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Beginner Groff issue: number registers inside macros
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:58:53 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012, Zoë Blade wrote:
> As it happens, for my particular idiosyncratic purposes, I'm
> making a macro package for formatting scripts (the non-computer
> kind), which are (as far as I can tell) essentially emulating an
> IBM Selectric typewriter.

You might find the mom macro set useful, then, since it has a
special directive, PRINTSTYLE TYPEWRITE, designed to emulate
typewritten copy (single-or double-spaced).  Your choice of
monospaced fonts (if you really want to emulate an old Selectric)
and your choice of size.  The only carved-in-stone is that single
space is leaded at 12pt and double at 24pt.

There's also an intelligent paragraph spacing option, PARA_SPACE,
and tab/indent management that should make dialogue setup a breeze.

Type man groff_mom to get the entry point for the mom html docs.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus
http://www.schaffter.ca