Re: [Groff] [groff] table of contents and hyperlinks

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Groff] [groff] table of contents and hyperlinks
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 11:57:59 +0200

Keith,

Thanks for your detailed explanations. I have 1 more question on alternatives
to generate TOC.

> Message du 29/04/12 13:52
> De : "Keith Marshall"

> There are much better techniques for generating tables of content,
> particularly when used in conjunction with multiple pass processing,
> (such as is performed by pdfroff); I've often thought that, one day, I
> might develop an add-on toc.tmac implementation, which would integrate
> with pdfroff, but I've never been able to find the time to progress it,
> beyond a conceptual idea.

Are you thinking of to the technique described in this old post
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2009-06/msg00027.html where you use a
macro to write pdfref info in a separate toc file ? I tried your examples, they
work well. Is this the preferred technique to create TOC ?

Best Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net