[Groff] Moving the footer up in ms

From: Timothy Groves
Subject: [Groff] Moving the footer up in ms
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:11:55 -0400

Is there a way to move the footer up within the footer margin when using ms? By default, groff+ms places the footer halfway down the footer margin, which is not what I want, but any attempt to move it up by inserting a .sp -x in .BT either results in an error [ fatal error: input stack limit exceeded (probable infinite loop) ] or else produces a smear of footers. This leads me to think that the .sp order is causing the footer macro to re-issue. Any suggestions?