Re: [Groff] typesetting Czech with custom fonts

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] typesetting Czech with custom fonts
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 01:35:24 -0400

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012, Werner Lemberg wrote:
> > As I previously wrote, I used the method from mom's manual.
>
> Interesting.  I don't have time to verify the steps (and I don't know
> some of the involved programs), but you did it, and you failed.  So
> maybe the instructions should be revised.  Peter?

The mom instructions specify ttf2pt1 for the conversion from
TrueType to Type1.  I have on occasion had difficulty with it
myself; I notice it's been dropped from some of the major distros.
Werner is quite right to recommend fontforge.  And yes, the momdocs
need to be revised.

Deri James has been putting a lot of work into integrating the mom
macros with pdf.tmac and the gropdf device.  I'm waiting till that
project is complete, whence I'll be updating contrib/mom, including
the documentation.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus