Re: [Groff] gropdf issues

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] gropdf issues
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:38:12 +0000

On Saturday 10 Mar 2012 13:42:53 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Deri,
>

> gropdf uses the `*' character in the `download' file.  This not
> documented and I ask you to add it.
>
> Another question is how to easily update an installed `download' file
> at all.  For example, if I upgrade from ghostscript version 9.00 to
> 9.04, many entries become invalid...
>
> The same problem basically exists for grops also, so a generic
> solution would be useful.
>

>     Werner

Hi Werner,

The "*" indicates it is a "base-font", i.e. will not be automatically embedded
in the pdf unless the -e flag given to gropdf. I will document this.

I do have a program which builds the download file during installation,
possibly this could be amended to cater for devps as well. It searches for
ghostscript and tex fonts. I will give it some thought.

Cheers

Deri