Re: [Groff] Fancier placement of PSPICs?

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fancier placement of PSPICs?
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 18:56:03 +0100

Am 07.03.2012 um 13:08 schrieb Cedric Sodhi:

Are there way to generally place an image different from filling a whole
page width?

By generically I mean doing so by using PSPIC and without particular
knowledge of the sourrounding text and the image's dimension.

By differently I mean, for example, float the image in the text, put
multiple images into the same line, etc.

I'm trying to get multiple images into one line and also have text flow
arround a floating image.

Do I have to write my own version of PSPIC for something like that?

Please search in the list archive 2010 for the subject "pspic: Text around picture". I had a similar question and it's quite hard to entirely do it yourself if you're not used to the sometimes cryptic outlook of pure troff code.

However, Werner Lemberg came up with a solution to build upon (rfloat). Unfortunately, I didn't have the nerves to dig down into the code yet. The picture is placed a bit too much to the right, the same amount as spacing between text and picture.

Hope this helps.

Again, big thanks to Werner for a starting point for floating text around pictures (and perhaps more objects, like PIC to come)!

:wq! PoC