Re: [Groff] Parsing specific section of man page

From: ridiculous_fish
Subject: Re: [Groff] Parsing specific section of man page
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:26:05 -0800

On Jan 23, 2012, at 4:10 AM, Pierre-Jean wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I suppose that you know the shell fish: It's doing what you
> want concerning completion of options. You could have a look
> at it.
>
> It has a lot of new features, and aim to give a better command
> line interface than other shells... It didn't convince me at
> all, but I'm happy to see that people are still interesting
> in improving command line interface.

Well! In fact, "our" shell is a fork of fish. I tried fish and liked what I
saw, but ran into show stopping bugs. I started this project to resolve those
bugs.

We aim to fix the most serious issues, like frequent hangs on slow NFS
filesystems and excessive I/O at startup. We're also improving its internal
structure, and adding features that mesh with its user-friendly,
it-just-works-no-configuration-necessary vision. Automatically inferring
completions, instead of requiring manual entry, is in line with that
philosophy. Or at least we think so!

Anyways, thanks to everyone for the suggestions and feedback!
-Peter