Re: [Groff] odd interaction between .bl and .(c in -me macros

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] odd interaction between .bl and .(c in -me macros
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 23:45:56 +0100

> Could you provide a patch which I can directly apply to the
> groff CVS?

Attached.  Log message should probably include something to
the effect of "make .bl work inside blocks" or so.

By the way, I've also figured out why the centering of wide
blocks in the "me" macros does not work correctly: the macros
change the line width to 6.0 inches, but the indent for blocks
is computed in environment 1 which retains the default line
width of 6.5 inches. Thus, blocks get formatted to a width
of 6 inches but are printed with an indent of .25 inches and
thus stick out at the right. (I had originally thought that
the indent was intentional (and we should therefore reduce
the line width), but this appears not to be the case.)