Re: [Groff] End-of-page macro problem at end of input file...

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] End-of-page macro problem at end of input file...
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 17:17:21 +0400

Clarke Echols:

> I know the 'bp is the cause, but don't know how to
> handle page numbering at the bottom  of  the  page
> while  suppressing  the  'bp  request after EOF is
> reached.

Do I understand you correctly that you are calling a
'bp  explicitly  in  the  end  of your file?  If so,
maybe you could set up an end-of-input  macro  (.em)
instead,  wherein  you would set a global flag which
would be tested by your end-of-page  macro  and  the
'bp  would  be executed only if the flag is not set,
thereby eliminating the last 'bp?

Anton