Re: [Groff] holistic widow elimination

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] holistic widow elimination
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 19:11:17 -0500

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012, Robert Thorsby wrote:
> As everyone knows, when the discussion turns to tracking,
> typesetting has assumed the mantle of a black art.

Not really, or, if it is a black art, then it's an essential one
to master, possibly _the_ essential one.  No matter where I have
worked, individual letter pair and overall track kerning have
occupied the lion's share of time when it came to preparing final
proofs.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus