Re: [Groff] cyrillic hyphenation with DVI backend

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] cyrillic hyphenation with DVI backend
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 06:43:10 +0100 (CET)

> Producing PostScript with hyphenation via -mru and -Tps options is
> smooth.  Thanks to the guy who made an entry on the groff wiki
> concerning this topic.

You might also have a look at

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2011-08/msg00037.html

> I also succeeded with adding cyrillic fonts from AMS Fonts and cmcyr
> packages.

It would be great if you can share your results here, on this list.

> Sadly, I couldn't get cyrillic hyphenation with DVI backend.  It
> works fine for the latin and DVI, it works fine for cyrillic and PS,
> but it doesn't works for cyrillic and DVI.  When I supply -mru
> option together with -Tdvi, nothing happens and hyphenation seems
> not to work.

Example file, please, together with the necessary files and an
explanation how you've set up your stuff.

> I guess, choosing DVI backend somehow changes hyphenation settings.

I can't imagine that.  Contrary to TeX, hyphenation happens at input
time, working in a device independent way.