Re: [Groff] help with refer

From: Dean Allen Provins, P. Geoph.
Subject: Re: [Groff] help with refer
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 14:20:20 -0700

Heinz-Jürgen:

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 02:58:24PM +0100, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote:
> Hello,
> if someone has a small example document using the ms macros and refer, I'm
> sure it will help me understand the usage.

I've attached an example MS document with a few comments, and the
resulting postscript.

In a separate file, are the refer entries which must be run past
"indxbib" to create the necessary file used by refer.

I run "indxbib" as follows:

        indxbib -iW -l2 -orefer text_file_of_references

where "refer" is the resulting database that the "refer"
processor uses.  I've dropped "W" so those entries (if any in the
file "text_file_of_references") are not indexed.  I've also
discarded keys shorter than 2 characters because some of my
references are 2 character names.

Hope that this helps.

Dean

--