Re: [Groff] multi-line headers/footers

From: Mike Bishop
Subject: Re: [Groff] multi-line headers/footers
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:33:08 -0900

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:27:07AM -0800, maouinin wrote:

> Is it possible with or without macro packages, etc. to get multi-line headers
> in groff? I have been able to do this in LaTeX with the fancyheaders
> package, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it (or if it is even
> possible) in groff.

Assuming mm macros, .TP (top of page) and .BS/BE (bottom block) are
what I use for multi-line page headers/footers.  You can redefine
the TP macro to be whatever you need:

.de TP
spacing, line length etc instructions
.tl \" first three part title
.tl \" second three part title
..

Similarly:

.BS
spacing, font etc instructions
.tl \" first three part footer
.tl \" second three part footer
.BE

see groff_mm(7) for minimal instructions.

Rgds,
--
Mike Bishop
Willow, Alaska