Re: [Groff] Portuguese hyphenation file?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Portuguese hyphenation file?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:34:00 +0100 (CET)

> I'm in sudden need of a hyphenation file for Portuguese (Brazilian
> if it matters). One of my work projects is going to the translators,
> and that's the only missing piece I'm aware of at the moment.

1. Get Portuguese patterns from CTAN, e.g.:

http://ctan.mackichan.com/language/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/txt/hyph-pt.pat.txt

2. Convert this file to latin1 (with iconv, for example) and name it
   `hyphen.pt'.

3. Enclose everything in the file with

     \patterns { ... }

4. Create a file `pt.tmac' (in latin-1 encoding) which looks
   approx. like this:

    .\" Default encoding
    .mso latin1.tmac
    .