Re: [Groff] -me macro bug in centered block behavior?

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] -me macro bug in centered block behavior?
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 14:53:17 +0100

> Is there any reason this should behave so differently (and seemingly
> illogically) without that extra blank line in the source?

I also think it's a bug (but then one that's been around a long
time, at least since version 2.14 of tmac.e from 1981).

Anyhow, the fix is simple: put a ".br" just before the beginning
of the diversion in the definition of "(c" and everything should
be fine (note that according to the documentation, "(c" should
not by itself add any vertical space).

But I notice another bug: if the block contains more text than
can fit on one line, the text is line-wrapped with the current
line width, but output indented, so it sticks out at the right.
It would look much nicer if the line width of the block were
reduced by twice the indent.