[Groff] Hyphenation in MM

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: [Groff] Hyphenation in MM
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 22:55:15 +0400

Hello all,

MM  has  only  two hyphenation modes: no hyphenation
and mode 14.  I disfavour  mode  14  and  propose  a
patch  that  will  allow MM to use other hyphenation
modes while keeping it backwards compatible with the
current behaviour.

The  semantics of MM's Hy register are remaining the
same, but another register is introduced -- Hm,  for
hyphenation  mode -- that  holds the desired hyphen-
ation mode, 14 by default, which can  be  overridden
either from the command line or from the source.  Is
it acceptable?

If it is OK, I will  also  provide  a  corresponding
path for the groff_mm man page.

Anton