Re: [Groff] Mac Editor with Groff Syntax Highligting

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Mac Editor with Groff Syntax Highligting
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:10:48 +0400

Simon:

> I  am using MacVIM at the moment - which has great
> syntax highlighting support. I am finding  it  odd
> to use after using TextEdit for so long though, so
> hence the quest for something else.

I too use Vim. As it is with touch-typing,  the  key
to  the  successful  learning of Vi(m) is to abstain
from the long-accustomed alternative procedures.  In
other words -- just forget about all other text edi-
tors for a time.

But after you have wonted yourself to  Vi(m),  other
text editors won't be so poisonous anymore.

Anton

P.S.: I  used  to use TextPad (on Windows), in which
      it is easy to set up a two-panel layout and  a
      script  that  would,  upon pressing a hot-key,
      process the text in one panel  with  a  custom
      groff pipeline showing the result in the other
      panel.

      With Vi, I have created  a  macro  to  quicker
      process  text,  but I still do not know how to
      have the output appear in another  buffer,  so
      that I don't have to revert to the source code
      by undoing the processing... Maybe Clark  will
      give advice...