[Groff] Mac Editor with Groff Syntax Highligting

From: wiremoons
Subject: [Groff] Mac Editor with Groff Syntax Highligting
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 14:40:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - sorry this is not directly a Groff question, but related none the less!

I use Groff (ms macro) on my Mac computers for virtually all my
documentation (reports, meeting notes, technical notes) that I output to pdf
format using Mac OS X provided `pstopdf' command. Example below in case
anyone finds it useful:

    groff -t -p -ms MyFile.ms | ps2pdf -i -o MyFile.pdf

My question is does anyone on this list use a Mac OS X computer and a text
editor that supports syntax highlighting for Groff macros please?

I have looked at BBedit, TextMate, UltraEdit, SKEdit, Smultron and a few
others too - but none have support included for the Groff macro format(s)
that I can find.

I know a lot the above allow you to create a syntax support file of your own
- by that requires regular expression skills that are beyond my current
capabilities unfortunately.

So, if anyone has Mac editor suggestions - or uses a Mac editor and can
share their Groff language syntax support file with me that would be great
:)

I am using MacVIM at the moment - which has great syntax highlighting
support. I am finding it odd to use after using TextEdit for so long though,
so hence the quest for something else.

Thanks for any help

Simon