Re: [Groff] gropdf and pdfroff

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] gropdf and pdfroff
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:21:33 -0400

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Would it be better to leave the re-ordering to external utilities, e.g.
> the pdftk package
>
>     http://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/
>
> on the basis of do one small thing and do it well?

This is essentially what I concluded when writing the mom macros.
Better to use psselect (from the psutils suite) to re-order
TOCs in PostScript documents; for pdf documents, pdftk.  While
this necessarily requires users to write a pipeline, it's "the
right tool," and affords greater flexibility with respect to TOC
placement.  Not all language conventions place the TOC at the
beginning; I've any number of French works with a Table de matières
at the back.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus