Re: [Groff] Re: pagesize for terminal output

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: pagesize for terminal output
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:28:58 +0000

Hi Walter,

Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Walter Harms:
> > thx  for  the  hint, but how does setting the page lenght affect the
> > printed output ? the main  point is  to print the document, showing
> > it is only sec- ond.
>
> It depends on what you call printed output.  If  you mean  the  output
> of  one of groff's character-cell devices (-Tascii, -Tlatin1,...) then
> yes.

If you only want to set a very long page length, or an end of input
trap, for `nroff' output and not troff then use a

    .if n ...do nroff-only things...

There's a matching `t' as well that's only true if we're troff.  That
way your PostScript output can be paged, and your terminal output not.

Cheers,
Ralph.