Re: [Groff] Re: Problem with devtag macros?

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: Problem with devtag macros?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:47:30 +0300

Werner Lemberg:

> It  is  not  possible  to find out the type of the
> last node in the line node list.  However, if  you
> say
>
>    .vpt 0
>    .DEVTAG-EO-H
>    .br
>    .sp -1
>    .vpt 1
>
> the vertical effect of .DEVTAG-EO-H is cancelled;

I  have  just  run  into a problem with this fix: it
breaks the temporary indent that might have been set
before  the  tag  was  issued.  In  my  case  it has
affected multiline headers in MM which I am  adjust-
ing in the HY user macro so that the heading numbers
should be hanging. This no longer works because  the
temporary  indent  set  in HY is spoilt by this tag-
setting wrapper.

I think it is possible to correct for this  by  ana-
lyzing  the  values on the .i and .in registers and,
if necessary, restoring the temporary indent at  the
end  of the wrapper. Are there any other values that
need being restored in a similar way?

Anton