Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] TOC with links in mom
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:39:39 -0500

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011, Keith Marshall wrote:
> On 22 February 2011 10:45, Petr Man wrote:
> > I am unable to figure out how to make groff/pdfroff with pdfmark to
> > produce clickable TOC
>
> Well, I wrote the pdfmark macros, and I have yet to figure it out
> myself; I use the bookmarks pane of the pdf reader as my clickable
> TOC, and populate it using the -O option to .pdfhref

This is the same strategy I use.  I either embed .pdfbookmark calls at
appropriate places in my source files, or .am them to the
appropriate mom macros (HEAD, SUBHEAD, etc).  Mom takes care of the
printed TOC, and pdfmark takes care of the clickable TOC.

> > out of a mom document.
>
> I've never used mom, so I cannot offer advice specific to it; I don't
> believe anyone has contributed mom bindings for pdfmark, as I have done
> for ms.

Integrating pdfmark with mom is a project for which I can never find
the time.  Patches welcome, if anyone decides to take it on.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus
http://www.schaffter.ca